Friday, January 27, 2017

Grateful Through the Hard Times

It's been a while since I have updated on here or really talked about anything. Life is good. I am going to college at Utah State University and let me tell you this has been one of the biggest growing experiences of my lives. I have lost people, grown apart from old friends, made many new friends, and definitely learned that sometimes it is okay to feel alone in a room full of people. I have spent many nights on my bedroom floor in tears, but there won't be a day that goes by where you won't see a smile on my face. Life may get tough, and trust me mine is way different than it was when I first started college,  but the hard times are worth it all because that light will be there at the end of the tunnel and when I make it to the end of the tunnel oh how grateful I am going to be for the hard times that have only made me stronger. I have come to know my Savior throughout my many trials and many sleepless nights trying to figure out what the next step in my life is going to be and I have been reassured time after time that things are okay and they will all work out the way that they are supposed to. Going to college and making a whole new crowd of friends is hard because for a person who has many struggles, I want to find friends I know I can trust to let in, who I know won't treat me differently because of my trials. My trials do not define me, they only make me stronger but to tell a person and open up is to be completely vulnerable. I have found that group of friends, those people I can trust, who don't judge me because I am labeled as epileptic, who understand I can't go to all the parties because sometimes the strobe lights are just too much for me to handle. It has been a hard thing for me to not be able to participate in all that I want but it won't tear me down, because I have the strength to make it through each day because of my eternal friend and my savior. I have been blessed 100% to be where I am today and to know the people that I know. I have a wonderful support system in my life and I don't know where I would be without my family, friends, and Savior. I am so grateful that things don't always go the way I want them to because I have a friend watching over me that sees the bigger picture and knows what is best for me. I know that everyone in my life is here for a reason if that reason is to learn a lesson from them or to have a friend/confidant, I am grateful nonetheless for every single thing that has happened in my life that has led me to the place  I am today. Here's to a new year and another year of changes and growth. Forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment