Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Through My Eyes


The everyday struggle of having to deal with epilepsy is hard, I'm not going to lie and say that everyday is good and once I finally grasped onto the fact that this was going to be my life everything became okay. That's not really how it goes. There are days when I feel like I can conquer the world, where I feel like I used to, like nothing is wrong with me. Then there are days where there are so many complications with my medications that I don't know what to do. I've spent a few days crying and pleading for this to all be over. But through this all there is one very important thing that I have found and that is who I am, who I truly am. I have found a testimony of my savior ,one that is my own, and yes do I know how hard it is to live without the feeling of the spirit in your life because I had pushed it away. The journey for me getting here, took me  a year before I finally could say I know this is something I can handle because the lord would never give me anything that I could not handle and I know that and before I could finally start to mend all the broken pieces of all the things that I had ruined while I had been in my room countless hours of the day, not eating, pushing family and friends away, no longer doing what I loved. I had to put all of that back together.I know that sometimes life just gets so hard and all you want to do is break down and you don't know what to do but I encourage you to keep going because in the end it is all worth it. The journey getting there may not be the easiest but let me tell you one thing IT.IS.WORTH.IT! You are better than you believe, stronger than you believe and with the right mindset you can do anything.  Through this trial I have come closer to my lord and my savior than I ever could have imagined and I learned the true meaning of sacrifice because it what my family has to do for me every day, but through this trial I have come out with a better heart. I wouldn't want it any other way. These challenges are what make each and every one of you who you are, and each of these trials will lead you to something better one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment